Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Starting The Year With A Trip

Technically it wasn't the beginning of the year, but I guess you could say my year was late-blooming. The year didn't really start until I decided to go away, make a trip somewhere, take a breather, and come back with a boost in spirit. Perhaps it was the post-holiday blues, but January was a bit of a lackluster month. Regardless, after a week away with my friends, I'm back full force to take on ... well, my messy bedroom to start off with. The day after I got off the plane when I came home, I mercilessly ripped my room apart and threw a big chunk of things away. For someone like me who finds sentimental value in everything, (including that receipt of that one just-because dinner that I had such an awesome time with a friend that I don't see often, or that worn out wallet that a close friend gave me years ago... pack rat, I know), it makes my goal of living minimally a bit tough. But I'm learning. Slow progress is better than none. After the big sweep, I was feeling great.

I realize that none of the trips I've taken in the past 4 years have ever ended up on this blog. Which is a shame to not have that day-to-day documentation of all the fun and cool things that I came across with my travels. Hopefully, I'll get around to mention a thing or two about this last get-away. Meanwhile, I'll stick with my dailies to give me just enough to chew for now. Slow progress is better than none I suppose. Just like my room. Just like my blog. Guess I work like one of those wind-up toys. I get my spurts, but will eventually make it across the surface if ya keep windin' me up.

So stick around will ya? And check back a little later. Thanks. To whoever's reading this out there. All fifteen of you each day. Or perhaps it's really just one. Who's somehow accidentally set this blog as their homepage and doesn't know how to fix it.  Well... thanks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment