Friday, March 30, 2012

Vegas, Baby! - Part II

I got a startling whack in the head with a pillow at 9am in the morning, which no doubt woke me up. Sigh, the things I let him get away with...

Anyway, we got up shortly after and decided to check out Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood, a sandwich place recommended by many. Looking at the menu, I was imagining something like Quiznos. But to my surprise, it was so much better. The bread was soft and the filling was always hot. We ordered the "Original" (which was roast beef) and a turkey & cranberry one and swapped halves. It was so good we went back a second time during the trip!





After food, we made our way down one end of the strip towards New York, New York to pick up show tickets. On the way there, we made a stop at the M&M store. Y'see, my coworkers always bring back something from the M&M store whenever someone makes a trip to LV, and I wasn't going to break tradition. 


After picking up tickets from New York, New York, we wanted to go to the Fashion Mall of course.... on the other side of the strip. Being in vacation mode, it only made sense to pay and ride the monorail. 

The other side... 


One thing about Ming is his obsession with shoes. "Take a picture of this store," he told me. Because it was his favorite. We both ended up picking up something there, but that will be for a later post.


Making our way back to the hotel, we did more window shopping at Caesars.


By then, we were both exhausted. Or lazy. So we made a pit stop at Cheesecake Factory. I was parched. Although I normally try to stay away from syrupy drinks, this one was much needed and ever so satisfying. 


We ordered a bite to eat. The waiter pointed out that we didn't order very much. But it was 3pm, and we only needed to quench our thirst and snack. I suppose... in Vegas, 3pm is when people normally wake up to have lunch.

Baked mushrooms and tuna.



Along the strip, we bumped into all different sorts of characters. Homer looked particularly sad. I had a creepy urge to go and give him a hug. Or take a photo with him out of pity. But no, I didn't.



After all that shopping, we headed back to the hotel room for an afternoon nap.


Well, I tried to nap. While the TV was blaring ESPN.


Soon after, we were both out like a light. I woke up a couple hours later to a few text messages from Bran. While we had pretty much decided we might as well chillax and skip the show that we had picked up tickets for earlier in the day, I also felt perhaps we shouldn't waste the tickets. Although free. Free tickets to the Cirque show, Zumanity. So, I woke Ming up from his nap and watched him reluctantly pull himself out of bed. 

Zumanity was... of course, if anyone knows what Zumanity is... different. Although not something we would have chosen to watch, I must say for myself, it was still funny and entertaining. Story in short, we would have wanted to watch the Jaberwockees but the tickets were all sold out. These free tickets came with the package we bought, but with a malfunctioning website and out-of-service phone number, we weren't able to book the shows we wanted before arriving in LV. Zumanity and Elvis Cirque were the only ones left. And for some reason, Ming wanted to avoid Elvis like the plague.

Anyway, leaving our hotel meant passing by the Bellagio again. Here's another photo for the heck of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment