Sunday, April 7, 2013

Travel


I spent two weeks at the end of February to beginning of March in Hong Kong and Taiwan. It's been eight years since I've been in Asia. I can't quite explain what it is but when I'm there, I do feel a bit of "home". Even though I was born and raised in Canada. 

I had an amazing two weeks of good eats, excellent shopping, and amazing soaking-up of culture. I already can't wait to go back. I debated for a long while before I traveled whether I should bring my Nikon D600 with me. Everyone gave me the same kind of advice, "What kind of trip is this for you? To relax and enjoy? Or to photograph?". 

In the end, I decided to take it with me. Because when you put the question like that, photography is relaxing and enjoyable for me. Now looking through my photos, I know if I hadn't brought it with me, I'm sure I would have regretted.

This photo was taken in a district of Taipei called Tamsui. It's a sea-side community that runs along the Tamsui River, which houses all different kinds of shops. Many people were cycling along the water while others walked the long pavement soaking in a bit of fresher air compared the hustling and bustling of city centre life. Don't get me wrong. This place was still packed with people. But the water is always a nice change of scenery. There were so many delicious snacks and knick-knacks to buy. But with the uncertainty of whether things would fit into my already-packed luggage, I held off on buying too much. 

If I ever return to Taiwan, I'd love to return to Tamsui.

(More travel posts to come).

No comments:

Post a Comment