Saturday, May 4, 2013

Easiest Banana Oatmeal Cookies





I guess it was evident that I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, because for Christmas and my birthday, I received quite a few gifts that were for the purpose of feeding this interest of mine. Whole Foods gift cards, recipe books, idea books...etc. And apparently, these gift ideas came to them from this blog. To be honest, I was pretty excited with each and every one of those gifts because well, they're absolutely right. I do love experimenting in the kitchen. Sadly though, I haven't been blogging too much about any of it lately. So let's change that. 

These are the easiest banana oatmeal cookies. 

For me, even though I enjoy a challenge now and then, I'm mostly not about complicated recipes with complex flavours. I'm constantly on a search for the easiest, fastest, healthiest and tastiest (yes, recipes that includes all those) to add to my own repetoire. And when I've found something that fits those criteria, I make it over and over again. This one was one of them. 

I don't know about you, but making breakfast should only take five minutes. Ten minutes max. I much rather sleep the extra twenty minutes than slave over a pan or pot in the morning. And, I have to be able to eat it pretty quick. And if not, it has to be portable so I can eat it in the car. I'm just that kind of morning (or not-so-morning) person. And that is why I never eat oatmeal for breakfast. I would never be able to down a hot bowl of oatmeal quickly in the morning. I don't have time to cool it. Nor do I want to bring a sticky bowl of oatmeal into my car. That's why this recipe is good for making it all portable. 

You simply smash one banana with one cup of oatmeal. I've also added dried cranberries and a bit of cinnamon. Roll them up into cookies. And bake. 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Tada! Easy grab-and-go breakfast. No added sugar. High in fibre. You know the rest. All the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment