Thursday, June 27, 2013

Smiles, Hugs, Trees, and Sunset

I hope I can survive the weekend and not think too much about why I booked it off and what I had planned and where I wanted to be. Filling up my days with distraction.

Last night, I went to a CE event for work. Just a night for people from the company. To learn about the new shingles vaccine. Something I guess I, being a certified injection pharmacist, should know. Free food. Amazing view. Dinner in a gorgous park. Why not.

I'm not a floater and stationed at a specific location, but I'm amazed at how many people I know from the company. From the parking lot to the restaurant, I was greeted by so many smiling faces. "Amie! How's it going?". Managers I've worked with only once or twice remembered me by name, giving me a welcoming "Heyyy!"... or coworkers I haven't seen for half a year getting out of their chair to come over to hug me... and faces I see a little more often giving their sarcastic, "Hey, what's up. It's you again."... the warm greetings was unexpected and honestly... so nice. People happy to see me. It's a nice feeling.

I started to tune out the seminar half way through. As interesting as the topic was, my mind just wasn't there. I gazed out the window and looked out at the gorgeous sunset. The forecast had predicted rain, but the evening turned out beautiful and clear. The luscious green trees that painted the view was breathtaking. I couldn't help but stare. And for once in the past week, I felt still. Calm.

And then I took an extra long drive, listening to my current obsession, Serena Ryder's "What I Wouldn't Do"... and waited for the sun to set before I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment