Saturday, August 24, 2013

Winding Down

Between enjoying the amazing weather we've had this summer and doing my bridesmaid duties for my cousin, I've been hella busy the past month or so. Busy is probably an understatement. After a busy day at work, I'd come home to being busy all over again. I started lacking in the sleep department, and my energy level started to dwindle, and the only thing that kept me going was adrenaline. I have to face it. I'm no longer ten years younger. (Nor am I ten years older yet). But I'm definitely understanding that I'm not actually invincible. And fatigue hits me differently nowadays.

So, between bike rides and city festivals and events, I've made a trip down to Napa, California, and threw one of the best bridal showers I've thrown. In time, perhaps I'll go into detail. 

For now, I need my "me" time.

So on a balmy Friday evening, I whipped out a bottle of one of my favorite wines. ("Alexandria" from La Frenz, one of my favorite wineries from the Naramata Bench of Okanagan, BC). And while sipping away at this refreshing fermented grape juice, I baked myself a comforting loaf of banana bread. Moments like these make me feel my solitude. Just what I needed. There's something about stirring up a mess in the kitchen making something I'm used to making that puts me in a happy place. 

I'm writing this while I finish up my glass of wine... while the loaf is baking in the oven... and the aroma of my banana bread fills the room. Just one of the best ways to wind down.




Recipe :

Combine wet ingredients. 

1/2 stick of butter
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup sugar

Combine dry ingredients. 

1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
14 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Bake a full loaf for 50 minutes (or two half loaves for 30 minutes) at 350 degrees. 


Bro : "Oh good, this isn't one of your healthy recipe crap. This is good."

Thanks?...

No comments:

Post a Comment