Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Obsessed With Banana Bread?


Even though every banana bread recipe I've tried are pretty good, I'm still looking for one that is the best - in my books anyway. And because I quite often have an abundance of over-riped bananas, this is usually my go-to easy-to-make comfort baking. And who doesn't love a good loaf of banana bread? My brother likes this recipe better than the last, but as much as I do like this one, it still requires a bit of tweaking. I do like my addition of walnuts on the top, which was something I used to dislike about banana bread as a kid. 

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 and 1/3 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 and 3/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp of chopped walnuts for the top

Blend together eggs, buttermilk, apple sauce, and bananas.

Sift together sugar, flour,baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture, and mix well. 

Pour into 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment