Sunday, March 16, 2014

Going Down To The States ( And Din Tai Fung )


Bridesmaid duties call again. Karen and I woke up at 6am, to get ready for a drive to Langley to meet up with Wendy and Cliff, before our day trip down to the States. Dress and shoe shopping was our mission. Long story short, we were unsuccessful. But, we ended up at the brand new Din Tai Fung at University Hill for lunch, and that pretty much made our day. 

Delicious, juicy dumplings... brings me back to my Taipei trip that I went on last year. Although, I have to say... the dumplings are still slightly better in Taipei. The flavours are the same, but the dumpling wrappers were just a lot more thin. Regardless, still absolutely yummy.

We were unsuccessful at University Hill, and unsuccessful in Seattle Downtown... even Costco closed before we got there. We ended up doing our best shopping at Trader Joe's. (Mochi ice cream!!!). And that's a wrap for this day trip. 




No comments:

Post a Comment