Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Brunch and Shop

When KDer and I have not much to do on a lazy Sunday, we fall to our default brunch place and our default thing to do after brunch. And I love these lazy kind of Sundays.

I have to admit that sometimes, I'm more concerned about taking a photo, any photo, to go with a post for this blog, but today, I decided to keep all cameras (including the phone) away. Nor did I do any facebook or instagram tagging. Of course, this isn't going to be the case all the time, (I love me some visuals and social media obsessing), but today was just not one of those days. It wasn't even so much a mindful reminder to turn off the electronics once in a while, but truly wanting to engage in conversation with the people I was brunching with and enjoying the walk outdoors in between stores when shopping. And that is what I did.

Ray, KDer and I ended up at Joe's Grill on West 4th for our classic brunch. It's our go-to place for a very ordinary but good scrambled eggs, sausage, hash and toast. Getting some hearty breakfast food for $7? Can't really complain about that.

Then we left Ray to have some serious girly shopping time. Made our way down to Main St. to browse the independent boutiques there. Karen picked up a super practical pair of rainboots from Much & Little, and I ended up with a cute maroon toggle jacket and two sweaters that I swore to KDer that that's all I'm going to wear this season and the next (to justify why I'm buying more sweaters than I already have).

After a very satisfying shopping trip, we strolled on over to the Last Crumb for a cup of warm london fog. We sat outside and chatted about "life" (or mainly, about how having a baby could change your life) and people watched. The weather has been unusually warm. It's almost November and temperature has been reaching high teens or sometimes even in the 20's of celsius degrees. But hey, this is Vancouver. The weather can be somewhat unpredictable and completely switch on ya overnight.

By the way, do you know the difference between a toggle jacket and a duffle jacket? Toggle jackets describe the horn-like buttons/closures of the jacket, while duffle jacket describes the coarse wool that is woven in a city called Duffle. But when describing these jackets, these terms are often interchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment