Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Time


I feel like I'm cheating this blog when "Christmas" is in its name, and December is practically coming to an end, and I haven't blogged anything about Christmas. At the beginning of the month, I thought, how am I going to get into the spirit? It felt like summer just ended, and I'm only beginning to switch into sweaters. They started playing Christmas songs at work mid November, and I thought, "blasphemy!". Ok, not exactly. But it was way too early. 

Now that Christmas is only 5 days away... (wow, 5 days!), it feels like, where has the time gone? Already? I was able to squeeze in some Christmas cheers in between then and now, but just haven't found the time to post. (How dare I!). 

Well, I'm sittin' in my living room right now, enjoying a cup of hot cocoa (with the marshmallows), and wrapping presents by the tree. Christmas songs are playing on Songza through my phone. My computer sits infront of the pointsettia given to us by my cousins, putting me more in the spirit while I simultaneously flip through YouTube videos, Facebook, and Lightroom. Yes, all while wrapping presents and writing Christmas cards. Multi-tasking at its best. This is my favorite kind of "me" time. 

Let's see if I can squeeze in any more between now and the end of the year, but if not, just know it was a good sacrifice in trade for some wondrous festive time spent with family and friends. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment