Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day









 

Blue Water Cafe. I've only been there once. It was a work function and it was free. It was also several years ago. I remember I liked it. I also remember people posting photos of their 3-tier tower that I haven't tried on facebook. So I thought I'd go for it this time. Gotta try everything once, that's what my dad always says. 

So, it doesn't have to be fancy. It just happens that it is. The restaurant was comfortable. Wasn't too dark. Ambiance was good. Surprisingly family-oriented. A lot of elderly and young kids. The food was great. Seafood was fresh. The service was excellent. It was perfect for Father's Day.

We fight a lot. (As a lot of families do). We all have our problems. We all have our stresses. And sometimes, all five of us living under one roof isn't easy. We'll get on each other's nerves. We'll bicker. Ahh, you know the rest. But, for some reason, over good food... my family knows how to sit back and relax... and enjoy. Mom mentioned the next morning that she was still thinking of this dinner. It was memorable and enjoyable. Ahh, that's all that matters to me.

Oh yah, at the end, instead of giving mints, they gave those mini banana loafs. I love free too!

No comments:

Post a Comment