Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Maui Gold Pineapple


A few of my friends did a mid-winter trip to beautiful Maui, and it didn't work out for me to join them. But, Jen brought home a pineapple for me to have a taste of Hawaii. Oh, how I miss Hawaii..... !! This will have to do for now. 


Look at its golden yellow colour. The colour that we learned from school that pineapples should be. If I was a kid who had to draw a pineapple based on my memory of pineapples I see here in Vancouver, I'd probably colour it green. 


Cutting a pineapple isn't as intimidating as it may seem especially with instructions attached to it.


You know it's ripe when you can pull off a green leaf from the top easily.


Doesn't that look so good?



Mmm.... sweet, juicy, and refreshing. Brings me right back to Maui. I was almost able to feel the warm, tropical sun on my skin, picturing myself strolling along the Hawaiian beaches...

Thanks, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment