Friday, February 18, 2011

Catching Up

My day off was spent catching up.

I caught up with my financial advisor. Her advice of the day : Sometimes, you just have to make that BAD investment. Because bad investments can turn into good investments in the long run.

I caught up with my shopping. Went to a yoga and organic clothing sample sale. Bought clothes and yoga mats. I'm excited about the yoga mats because they're terry cloth on one side and padded on the other. It makes for less slippage and doubles somewhat as a towel, but the best part is that I can throw the whole thing into the wash. Beats washing those rubber mats!

I caught up on some exercise. I hit the gym. It was so nice to be able to go midday when it was relatively empty. The sun was shining outside but it the air was still nippy so it was nice to be inside. Usually, I have my ears plugged. But of course, I forgot to charge my nano. What I did find though was, being able to hear the whooshing sound the elliptical made drove me to a hypnotic rhythm.

I caught up on movies. I wanted to watch Toy Story 3 and Social Network but never seem to get around to it. I need to find out the reason for all this hype. After brewing a cup of chai tea with Ming's Tassimo, I parked myself on the couch and ended up watch both. I heard Toy Story 3 is sad. I asked Ming beforehand if it's sad (since he's watched it before) but he didn't seem to think so.  But, he's a boy... The ending of the movie had me holding my breath and blinking back tears.

I also really enjoyed watching Social Network. I love stories of how great things come about. (Also in the book that I'm reading called "How I Learned to Cook" but I'll leave that for another post).  It wasn't suspenseful nor adorned with crazy special effects but it was good enough to keep me intrigued to watch on. Never knew about Sean Parker's involvement with Facebook. Anyway, I really enjoyed both movies.

I don't normally go to bed until late. But I also hardly ever watch two movies in a row. So, when I got home after the movies, I was surpisingly really sleepy. Maybe it was the gym earlier in the day. Whatever it was, I went to bed relatively early. And caught up on my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment