Monday, February 14, 2011

Oregon - Day 3

Happy Valentine's Day!

Before we headed home, we were lucky and got to try several of the many many many food carts Portland has to offer. We found ourselves on a block full food carts... surveyed them all... ate from two of them... and continued walking only to find another THREE blocks of food carts. Wow! But, I was super satisfied with what we had so I didn't feel cheated not having surveyed them all before we took our picks.










We picked up some croquettes and other goodies from a Spanish food cart before we shared some Hawaiian pull pork. Now, I was a bit hesitant in ordering the Hawaiian pull pork but it was one of the most recommended from the menu. The other was a teriyaki type chicken but I wasn't feeling like something sweet. This cart was also recommended by Google ... but whatever that means. I remember the pork from the luau in Hawaii and I remember I didn't like it very much. I wondered if it would taste the same.









Fortunately, it was pull pork at its best. No sweet and tangy bbq sauce. It was simple, perfectly seasoned, and accented with green onions. It was unbelievably delicious. I was thinking of skipping out on the macaroni salad but it was equally addicting for some reason. We were all picking at it even though we said we'd only try a bite. Yum! Sometimes, the simpler it is, the better.





chairs and tables set along the street for convenience too



different kinds of chili for a competition




this cute window was definitely welcoming

After a bit of shopping, we headed to the next food cart site - their very first location. There was a crepe stand there where we decide on some dessert for our lunch. Although my go-to crepe is always banana and nutella, there were so many different choices that I decided to go for something else. We chose the walnut, honey, cardamom, and coriander combo.
It was distinctly cardamom and reminded me of Gurm's chai spices. It was yum.







With our tummies filled, we hit the road and headed home.

One awesome and relaxing road trip down in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment