Monday, February 28, 2011

No Pants, Please

I could hear the dad explain to his son, while waiting in the line-up, about the process of obtaining a prescription from the doctor and filling it at a pharmacy. The son is this cute young kid with dirty blonde hair, big round eyes, bright red lips, and... an eye infection. Pink eye.
I take in their prescription and I ask all the questions I needed to ask. One included, "Is he allergic to anything?".

The dad replied, "Pants. Long pants."

I looked at the kid and indeed, in this zero degrees weather, he was wearing shorts.

The dad added, "If the prescription comes with long pants, I'm sorry, we can't take it. He will not have it."

The seven year old boy looked at me with cute, dejected eyes and didn't say a word.

The dad continues, "For some reason, he just doesn't like wearing pants."

"Well, you don't have to worry. I don't think this prescription comes with long pants."

Oh, it was the cutest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment