Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Clinic Days

After 3 days off and a wonderful road trip, I went back to work for Clinic Days. This means that I did not have to deal with the day-to-day chaos in the dispensary, but rather had much more relaxing days at work with one-on-one consultations.  Somedays, I dread it the days leading up to them because it's a lot of talking that I do (and I'm not always a talker), but I always come out of those days feeling good about work. ( I do feel for the regular staff at my store... heard it's been exceptionally chaotic this week compared to others).

I was situated at a different location today, and with a full clinic, I was talking for eight hours. How do doctors do it everyday? Nonetheless, I was feeling pretty good about a less hectic day, and was enjoying a rather long drive home with music playing in my car (in the midst of rush hour), when something changed my mood.

I was stopped at the intersection of Cambie and Broadway when someone crossing the road decides to come up and kicked the front bumper of my car. I looked at him mouthing the words, "What the heck!". He shot back an angry look as if I've done something to offend him. The kick was so loud that people standing on the corner turned around to look at what was going on. I didn't bother stopping the car or yelling or getting any more furious at how utterly stupid people could be... it's already done. If there's damage, it's only materialistic things. And it just wasn't worth it. I checked later and luckily, there was no damage done.

I was just glad that it didn't happen on a regular draining day at work or I'd probably end up in a doubly bad mood. The brighter side.

No comments:

Post a Comment