Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Thursday

A back to back shift always puts me in a daze no matter how hard I try to sleep earlier in between the shifts. My adrenaline was still pumping when I got home from my night shift, which left me pretty much sleepless before the morning shift the next day. Oh, the story of my life. Anyway, I was counting down the minutes till my shift was over... I always do before a day off.

The night before, Ming had set dinner time to be at 7pm. Gives you time to unwind after work, he said. I thought, wow, so accomodating and thoughtful. But, today, by the time 6:30pm rolled around, he was already asking, "Are you ready yet?". Go figure. Haha.

We went back to G-Men for ramen. We got a smoked salmon salad to share. Miso ramen for me. He got the RCMP (spicy) ramen. To me, his was pretty spicy. Perhaps too spicy for me.







I liked the salad. Lightly dressed and refreshing. It had some crispy fried garlic bits that made it extra good. In comparison though, I think I might like the seafood salad at Sushiholic better. For the variety of sashimi. And for its sauce.

After dinner, we headed over to Superior Tofu only to find out it was closed. They're in Richmond! It shouldn't be closed early! But they were... so back to Vancouver we went.

Stopped by Superstore to do what seems like our usual scavenging down each aisle. Ming was determined to get vanilla ice cream to make a float. And talking about ice cream got me reminiscing back to my time in Asia where Magnum bars seemed popular. I remember getting them on our flights with Cathay Pacific.  For some reason, I remembered them being better than Haagen Daz. I remembered the ice cream being velvety and covered with a perfect chocolate shell. I thought it was quality ice cream without the pretentiousness of Haagen Daz. Little did I know... until I saw them in the freezer... that Superstore sells Magnums! And they are bloody expensive. More than the HD's. Hmm... no thanks. We got the cheapest vanilla ice cream we could find. It'll do for floats!

I can't remember the last time I had a float. Made it the classic way - with root beer. Mmm mmm.. I devoured it before the Friend's re-run episode we were watching ended. Meanwhile, Ming rummaged through his closets and cupboards... wasn't sure what he was up to. Charging controllers, he said, when I finally asked him. Loaded up Puzzle Fighter on the PS3 and ended up playing a gazillion matches! I thought I was pretty good at these puzzle/tetris kind of games... but I have to admit, somebody kicked my butt. One second, I thought I was winning... the next, I get mega bombed and I lose! Oh, the laughter.





It all kind of brings me back to childhood. When days were simpler and more lighthearted. All in another good Thursday.

_____

More shocking and sad news.

To one of my dearest friends who is deeply affected by this news ... I wish and pray for all the courage, strength and love upon you during this difficult time. Always here for you. Always thinking about you. And always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment