Friday, April 1, 2011

Churng K

Ahem. I love to sing. I'm not good at it but I love to sing. I bet if my coworkers read this, they would say "Get out of here!".

Anyway, back in the university days, my friends and I used to go over to Richmond and "churng k" (karaoke) quite often. Maybe once a week. It was just one of many ways to let loose and have some fun. We don't ever do the drunken karaoke but with some of our singing, it might have been hard to tell. Haha.

It took me a while to get comfortable even singing in front of my friends. But now, if I'm with my solid "k" group, I have no problems belting it out. So after my yummy steak dinner at The Keg, four of us decided .... hey, it's been a while... Let's go churng k!

We had an awesome time bopping to Ne-Yo, cooing over the softies of Bruno Mars and Jason Mraz, and we even belted out Justin Bieber's Baby. Hey, don't hate. It was so fun. Shum whipped out her dance moves. Brandee always has the nostalgia and rummaged through some good oldies. And Maria joined in whenever Shum and I weren't being mic hoggers. It was a good girls' night. It's been a while since we haven't sat around a table talking about work, life, the future, and having kids. (No offense! I'm just saying...). And well, sometimes, girls just wanna have fu-un.... oh, girls just wanna have fu-un!

No comments:

Post a Comment