Friday, April 1, 2011

Because It's Friday

Even though my Fridays aren't always like everyone else's Fridays, I was still looking forward to getting off early (not working a night shift) and enjoying the night. Before going back to work the next day on a  Saturday morning. While on my break, I was already making plans in my head. I texted my brother, "Hey, I'm craving steak."

"STEAK??".

When my coworkers asked where I was heading to after work and I replied with, "The Keg", almost everyone asked me what the occasion was. The occasion was... I was craving for steak. That was the occasion. Do we really have to wait for a special occasion to eat at The Keg?

After I got off work, I went straight to pick up my brother from work, and then off we went to The Keg. If you know me, I hate hate hate going out in my work clothes. But there was just no delaying me from having steak. By the time we got seated, I was practically giddy. I chose the classic sirloin with no sauces. I always prefer my steaks natural. And medium rare. My brother was close to opting for the chicken... until I said, "SERIOUSLY!?". Considering we eat chicken... every. Day.

I got the garlic mash. My brother the twice baked. With our first bites, we were totally in heaven. Well, I was. I imagined he was too. "Okay, now I get why you'd crave steak, " he said. Uhhh.. yah!! (The last time I had a good steak was last summer.) Then he added, "The steak is so good. But I can't decide if the potato is better." Both, of course. They go hand in hand.

"Actually, I think the best part was the spontaneity," he finished.

I thought about what he said... hmm, yah, I guess that is the best part. I wanted it. I know I can have it. So, ... why not? I guess, this would be a funny post to those who frequent The Keg on any given night. For us at home, The Keg is generally saved for special occasions. I guess it's not the cheapest place to eat. I find though doing something we otherwise consider "special" on any given day... even more enjoyable. Then the reason becomes simply because I like it and not because we're celebrating a birthday. That's probably why I prefer my birthdays to be relatively low key. Because... I'm celebrating any day.

Mmm... did I already say the steak was so good?

1 comment:

  1. mm now i am craving steak too...i want to try gotham's, i hear they have some good steak there

    ReplyDelete