Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sushiholic #3 with Kat

I didn't think I'd be numbering Sushiholic #3 so soon, but when Kat asked if I was free for dinner, I had to suggest it because it was right by her place and I thought she would enjoy it. It's a Tuesday night so it wasn't as busy as Saturday, but all the better for us. Leaves us lots of space and time to chat about whatever we want. I let Kat pick the items since this was sort of my belated birthday celebrations for her.

We went with the Fire Dragon roll, Volcano roll, agadeshi tofu, and a seafood salad. I really enjoyed the seafood salad. It was light. The sauce was good (could it be the sesame oil?). And I liked the variety of chopped sashimi on top. I think Kat thoroughly enjoyed everything and was happy to discover this new gem in her area.

Afterwards, we went to a nearby bubbletea place. She had the mango slush and I had a fresh taro. We were pretty stuffed but it was just an excuse to move to another spot to continue our conversation. Our convos are always so interesting. From light to deep topics. From one spectrum to the next. We would cover everything under the sun. It's nobody's fault to blame in why we don't see each other too often. Is there really a "should" in how many times you see a friend? To me anyway, it's great with Kat because we can always pick up where we left off.

With her telling me about her Taiwan trip, I really really really really want to go to Taiwan now!

Or, maybe Hong Kong again. I seem to have missed the ridiculous Shangri-la experience that she had! Umm... amazing food. I've never been on a trip that was mainly based around food. In fact, most times, I eat whenever I'm hungry and whatever was closest. I would love to go on a culinary tour somewhere.

Anyway,

Happy Belated Birthday, Kat!

No comments:

Post a Comment