Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Go With It

I think he's given up.

Normally, when I say, "Let's watch a chick flick!", I get an immediate "NO". Maybe he feels bad having made me watch "The Hit List" last time (one horrible movie). Or maybe he's finally given up. Or, giving in. Watch "Just Go With It" with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler tonight.

I haven't watched a classic, same ol' same ol' Rom-Com in a while. I didn't have much expectations for this one but surprisingly, I enjoyed it. My kind of movie.  Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler had more chemistry in this one than her with Ben Stiller in "Along Came Polly". It was stupid funny. And most of the movie being in Hawaii, how could you not like?

I think I caught Ming rolling his eyes at the end of the movie but I know he secretly enjoyed it.

One of Ming's friends recently came back from Korea and gave him a really pretty box of Korean sweets.


Only I am smart enough to put a black box on top of a black table for its photo op.

Inside the pretty (and heavy duty) box were these pretty and colourful individually packed mochi balls.



They were so pretty that I didn't want to eat them. But they are supposedly meant to be eaten right away. And I've already made Ming hold off on them for almost a week...



Ming picked the orange one. It looks like a pumpkin. What does it taste like? I think he just shrugged.



I picked this one. Like the green with the yellow and bluish purple flowers.



And the inside. Tasted like bean paste. The first bite tasted like green tea. But I could just be thrown off from the green colour. Think it just tasted like bean paste. Ming's was orange on the inside, but also looked like bean paste.

Love the outside. It looks like a mochi ball but it was a lot more chewy. I like chewy.

Love desserts that you cannot get here! I think I'd eat these over a Parisian macaron anyday. I'm still lovin' the Asian finds over Europeans... but I have yet to try a gelato from Italy.


Guess who gets LouLou magazines delivered to his house?? He claims that it was part of some promotion and he had no other option nor got to choose the magazine. Uh huh. Did I not mention that he's a bit girly? Anyway, after watching "Just Go With It", he turned on his choice of movie. That's "I Am Number Four" playing in the background. That's ok... I got the girly magazines to keep me company.

Chick Flick + Girly Magazine + Korean Sweets + lounging in comfy clothes = a good, chill night to end off another exhausting week at work.

(Oh yah. And Bo Laksa #4 ).


No comments:

Post a Comment