Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting My Dose Of Sunshine ... Indoors

It was yet another absolutely beautiful day outside today. I'm totally loving the warm, sunny weather. A lot of people were in their shorts, t-shirts and tanks. Lucky people got to bask in the sun. Me? I was stuck indoors at work.

The day was relatively slow. How can you blame people for wanting to be outside? Occasionally, I would watch the clock tick down... wondering when I was able to go out and enjoy the last ounce of it before sunset.

In the afternoon, it picked up a little. I had a line-up at the counter when Gee came in. Oooh, a visitor! Too bad she left before I could even ask her how her Hawaii trip was. Guess she thought I was too busy to chat. Then again, who would want to come in to chat on such a sunny day? She left behind a bag. Said she was returning some of the books I lent her.

When I eventually got a moment, I opened up the bag to find not only my books but something that she had bought for me from Hawaii. These little gestures always make me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside. Especially when they're so unexpected. Thanks, Gee! You're awesome.

I've had my many doses of surprises in my lifetime so far. I'm one lucky and spoiled gal.  But even though it's been countless times, I appreciate and love every single one of them all the same.

And just as this same thought was going through my head, still filled with giddiness, the last person I would expect to drop by my work... dropped by my work. Ming came in with bubbletea! Although there was a split second that I was completely jealous of him in his t-shirt and shorts (meaning he's been out enjoying the weather!) while I was stuck at work in uniform, I was happy...

...to get bbt!

Ok, happy to see him too. I have to admit... that was sweet....

Yes, the bubbletea was sweet.

Haha.

Thank you for the dose of sunshine... indoors.

In all other news, I've re-posted some of the previous posts adding some photos if you want to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment