Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Red Wagon Cafe


Since Guy Fieri's visit to The Red Wagon Cafe for a segment on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives, this brunch spot has been super busy. On my birthday, a couple of my coworkers decided to hang out with me for lunch, and we were all craving pancakes. Well, for me... craving pancakes is rare. But, this pulled pork pancake is well known at Red Wagon, and there's a good reason for that.

It was raining cats and dogs, and I was all giddy about having the chance to wear my new rainboots. Of course, I was only prepared from knee down, and got royally soaked everywhere else. I could feel the cold through my pants. But still, I was happy. To be brunching with my coworkers. Not to mention the jack daniel syrup soaking my pancakes.

Luckily, Andrew got there first and waited in line for a table, so by the time Dee and I arrived, we were all ready to eat. I had to order eggs on top of my pancakes just because for me, there is no brunching without eggs... but of course, that meant finishing only one pancake out of the three. But boy, it was good. Their pancakes are done perfectly in my opinion. The perfect amount of chew and fluffiness. I also tried a bite of their banana pancake and that is also very good. Chunks of banana giving a balanced banana-to-batter ratio.

Anyway, it's not one of my go-to's because the line-ups can get crazy, and I have only tried the one item on their menu. But whenever I crave that pulled pork pancake drizzled with jack daniels syrup... nothing will stop me from going back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment