Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.5 Weeks

 Hmm... well, maybe the reason why it hasn't been hurting is because it's actually a bit numb.

I have pretty veiny feet. I don't have pretty feet. But veiny feet. That's for sure. Some people have veiny hands (which I don't have), but my feet are like 3D spiderwebs wrapped around them. Someone had asked once if I put my finger on a large vessel whether I could feel the pulse. Anyway, it isn't pretty. But for once, I'm glad I could see the veins again.

If you've read several posts back, I managed to fall and injure myself. My left foot has pretty much recovered aside from the marks left by the wounds, but the right foot is still a bit swollen. When I traumatized my right foot about 1.5 weeks ago, my foot was so swollen that all the veins disappeared. You couldn't see them. You could see my skin all taut and if you pressed anywhere on my foot, it was hard (because it was so swollen). It was so swollen that my toes couldn't touch the floor while I was standing. It's been 1.5 weeks, and the swelling is still around the trauma site. I'm not too worried. I think in due time, it'll get better.

It hasn't been painful at all. Besides the first day when it was sore to walk, I haven't felt any pain whatsoever. Today, as I'm grazing my fingers over the lumpy swollen areas, I realized, hmm... can't really feel my fingers on my foot either. The area is numb! That's why there's no pain. Now... is that possible? Does that mean I've damaged nerves too? Do I just wait for them to regenerate? It's a funny feeling...

Ah well, I'm sure all I need is time.


Isn't it lovely? I've got a discoloured pig's foot.
 (I suppose this blog can deviate away from "simple pleasures" sometimes. Some wanted to see the photo of my foot so hence this post.)

Couple days ago :

Me (trying to photograph food) : This is one disadvantage of being short. I can't take a picture of something without having to grab a chair to get on top of it.
Brother : Are there even any advantages to being short?
Me : Hmm... well, if you fall, you're closer to the ground so you won't hurt yourself as much?
Brother : That doesn't seem to apply to you either.
Me :  Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment