Friday, January 21, 2011

Salmon with Sundried Tomatoes

Everyone enjoyed it when I brought it over for a dinner party one summer. Salmon makes a great entree for the summer. Especially with a delicious and light topping. Of course, I can enjoy it just as much in the winter so I was craving it the other day. I haven't made it since that summer party but the ingredients are so simple and easy, I have no problems remembering it and duplicating it once more. This was given to me by my lovely coworker, Deanna. (Actually, she's probably one of my biggest source to developing my repetoire).

Mind you, I was never a big fan of sundried tomatoes. I'd eat it but I never loved it. I think with most tomato-based things, it has to be on the sweeter rather than sour side for me. (That's why I don't understand American ketchup!). And to me, not all sundried tomatoes I've tasted taste the same. But, Deanna gave me the great tip to using only the California Sun-Dry brand of sundried tomatoes. They're soaked with the right amount of herbs and has the perfect sweet and tanginess. You can get them in a big jar from Costco and it keeps for a while. Love!

Salmon with Sundried Tomatoes

chopped Califronia Sun-Dry sundried tomatoes
diced onions
chopped Parsley

Equal parts of each. Lay like a crust on top of salmon filet that is seasoned with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.





Need a better knife for finer chopping.







Lunch and snack.


Add some veggies. Yam and potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment