Thursday, August 4, 2011

Celebrations Of Light

I think it was about two years ago when I strapped my tripod on my back using my yoga straps (hey, it worked), and took my dslr down to the Burrard St. bridge to take photos of the fireworks. We went early to stake out a spot, and did the waiting game till the fireworks started. The wait didn't seem long. There were other photographers there, and we all chit-chatted about photography. Friends rode by on their bikes and also stopped to chat for a bit. I remember Karen made it down halfway through the fireworks and was still able to see the last ten minutes of the fireworks. With that in mind, I thought as long as I could find a place to dump my car, there will definitely be a spot on the Burrard St. bridge. I mean, the Celebrations Of Light have been going on for years... if this was a hot spot to watch the fireworks, it would be packed.

I don't know what has changed in the past two years... but yesterday night, it was packed. Mom and I drove down with the idea that if we can find parking, we'd watch the fireworks. If we can't dump the car, we'll go home and say we went for a nice cruise. I circled the area to no avail. I thought I'd try my last bet. I called up Bran. It's great to have friends living in the area!

Low and behold, there was a spot in her building's parking lot. So, Bran, my mom and I trekked down to the Burrard St. bridge, which was about a five minute walk from Bran's place, and we got to see the fireworks with the crowd. Not exactly the experience that I remembered from two years ago. I guess people caught on that it's an excellent view point so the bridge was packed. But, for me, I got to get a glimpse of the fireworks all the same. Fireworks is just fireworks. But I love them.

Just taking advantage of a warm, summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment