Monday, October 14, 2013

Carla Hall's Chocolate Ganache Pumpkin Cake



I remember the first time I had this cake. We were having a staff meeting at work at 8am, and Dee had brought in some leftover cake from her Thanksgiving dinner. I was half asleep but jolted awake from the yumminess of this cake. Whoa, this is good, I remember thinking. And that was a year ago. 

When this year's Thanksgiving rolled around, I was still thinking about this cake. So, I asked Dee for the recipe. After four hours in the kitchen in a sunny Fall afternoon, I was able to re-create this super delicious cake for our family Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's. Everyone loved it. 

It consists of four layers of pumpkin-spiced cake, sandwiching decadent layers of pumpkin mascarpone, and topped with a dark chocolate ganache coating. (My ganache turned out a little thicker than it should be hence the goop on the sides instead of a drizzle). It was absolutely to-die-for. 


We brought home some of the leftovers, and we had cake the following couple of days. It was like a sweet ending to each day. In fact, it was better the following days because the cake had firmed up a little, and the flavours have soaked in. Just as good as I remembered it from last year. Want a good pumpkin cake recipe for your next Thanksgiving party? You gotta try this one.

I am thankful for family, friends, and health. Happy Thanksgiving!  




No comments:

Post a Comment