Friday, October 11, 2013

Hawksworth @ Hotel Georgia


There's a long story behind why we'd end up at a fancy restaurant last Monday night, but let's leave it at that we were simply celebrating. This was my first time at Hawksworth. Frankly, I've never had a big urge to try out Hawksworth as much as I love trying out different restaurants, most probably due to the mixed reviews I've heard. Some love it, and others found it overrated. Nonetheless, I went with an open mind. 

I didn't take too many photos as it seemed inappropriate for the occasion, but the presentation on each course was pretty impressive. I had the parsnip vanilla soup with lobster and leeks as my appetizer, the sablefish as my entree, and the green apple cheesecake as my dessert. 

I have to say that I enjoyed the soup very much, so much that I still think about it now. The tartness of the pomegranate seeds inside the soup cut the creaminess wonderfully. The sablefish was perfect cooked. And the green apple cheesecake dessert was complicated... yet simple. I was unaware it would be made with goat cheese, but the pungent taste of goat cheese was ever so subtle. Was the food good? Yes, it was excellent. But perhaps I could see why others would claim it overrated because for the price you pay, you're certainly paying mostly too for the atmosphere and the fact that it's in a five star hotel. Would I go again? Certainly. But it would probably take another special occasion for me to return. 

At the end of the night, we were all given a black bag that contained a piece of raspberry loaf for us to take home. It made for a great kick start to my morning to next day when I ate it for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment