Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween At Aberdeen Centre


I needed to make a quick run to Daiso, so I ended up at Aberdeen Centre the weekend before Halloween. At their central atrium, they had set up a Halloween walk-through as big as a backyard canopy. Meaning, it wasn't very big at all. With this cute set up outside of the tent, I was tempted to go inside. I haven't been in one of these walk-through's since going to Fright Night at the PNE about a decade ago, and to this day, I still remember how freaked out I was. If you know me, you'd know that I'm one of the best kind of people to watch go through a scary walk-through on a secret spy-cam, 'cause I'd be friggin' hilarious. Add my friend, Jen, with me and we'd be the dynamic duo of bloody-murder screams and pushing and shoving to get to heck out of there. In other words, I am a BIG scaredy cat.

Anyway, as I was tempted to walk through the tent, I watched a father trying to convince her seven or eight year old daughter to go in. She said she was too scared. The attendant also tried to convince her that it isn't scary at all. I watched the father and daughter walk in together, and literally seconds later, the daughter comes running back out saying, "I can't! I'm too scared!". Then I heard a bloody-murder scream from the father, and he too runs out. Through the entrance.

Yup, needless to say... I didn't go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment