Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gotta Start Somewhere



When there are days that I find there's a whole lot going on in my mind, I head to the gym. I prefer the sea wall and I prefer nice weather, but there are also days for the gym. Since their mini updates and calling it Steve Nash's gym, there's been a whole lot more people going. That's the annoying part when equipments aren't always readily available and you have to wait your turn. 

I jumped on whatever I could find, and went at it. Anything that'll get my heart pumpin' anyway. 

I am determined to get myself back into better shape this year. To be honest, it's been tough. I had once upon a time established a routine. Got out there and did something x number of times a week. Did it for x number of minutes each time. I got results to show that I was slowly but steadily improving. It soon became almost euphoric and after each session, I was on a high. 

Then, life changed. My routine was uprooted. And finding that routine again has been super hard. Now, it's at its pits. It's even harder knowing where you were once upon a time, and it's going to take a whole lot more time and effort to get back there... let alone get beyond. Starting from square one... It mighty sucks. 

But, we all gotta start somewhere. Even if it means, starting over again.

Cannot wait till the weather is better and days are longer... 

I've already committed myself to a race this year. Will see how it goes. 

After my 45 minute session, my head was a whole lot clearer.


(Yes, I was that creepy, crazy gal taking snapshots at the gym with my phone... but only these two shots. What I would do for the sake of this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment