Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When I'm Bored

... I make "gow jee's" (dumplings). 

Onion. Chive. Cilantro.


Chop it all up.


Mix in minced pork. Add a bit of corn.


Then, in random proportions, add the sasame oil, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.


Open up the package of wrappers...


... and start wrapping.


The more you make, the more to freeze.


For tomorrow's lunch, I wanted them simply boiled. With it, I'll pack some dipping sauce. Garlic chilli sauce maybe? (Also made a few for dad's midnight snack).


I like!


The day after that, I think I might have them in soup.

Dad says I didn't add enough sauce. Not salty enough. But that was intentional. Less crappy stuff, more healthy. There are always an array of dipping sauces you can make. Then you can taylor it to anyone's taste buds rather than making them too salty to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! this looks so delicious and it's all i want at 1am in the morning!!!

    thanks for the step by step instructions. nom nom nom!!

    ReplyDelete