Monday, January 30, 2012

2nd Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival


Hurry! There is still time left!

Scattered throughout the city are some pretty special chocolate shops participating in the annual Hot Chocolate Festival. During this period of time, each individual shop has come up with their own special menu of hot chocolates. Dan, Bran, and I decided to check out Leonidas.

On their menu :


Raspberry – dark chocolate. Served with a choice of chocolate or liege waffle sample.
Tosca – dark chocolate and rum. Served with a choice of chocolate or liege waffle sample.
Frozen Noisette – milk chocolate. Served with a choice of chocolate or liege waffle sample.
Raspberry Cheesecake – white chocolate. Served with a choice of chocolate or liege waffle sample.
Dan and I both chose the Frozen Noisette. Although, I asked for mine to be hot. Bran chose the Tosca. We all had a waffle each, which were apparently made by Patisserie Lebeau. (They had better descriptions of these crafted drinks at the store. ) 
And oh my goodness, everything was so yummy. I LOVED the hot chocolates that we ordered, especially mine. And thank goodness, it wasn't too sweet. I was so afraid, with it being a chocolate shop, that hot chocolate would simply mean melted chocolate. I've never been into drinking chocolates... they are just much too rich and sweet for me. But, the hot chocolates at Leonidas was milky and creamy ... and simply heavenly. 





And to boot, service was also great. Who would have thought? For a chocolate shop.

The hot chocolate was totally memorable. Even at $8 each, I'm not complainin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment