Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Resolutions

Oh, the list I keep telling myself I'll find time to tweak. Who's got time? Without tweaking, here it is.

1. Pick up my camera.

In 2011, I went from dropping my DSLR to picking up my beloved p&s. The last couple months, I've neglected even my LX-5, and started taking randoms with my iphone. This year, I'm going to pick up my cameras and take photo walks more often.

2. Run.

I've been having the urge to go for runs, but it's been much too cold outside. (Running in the cold causes me to have uncontrollable cough attacks for the rest of the day). But, I plan to pick this up again. 10k with me, anyone?

3. Drop the toys.

When I'm not at work, (actually, even when I am at work), I seem to be glued to these devices. Namely my laptop and iphone. Now that it's been a couple months since I got the iphone, and the novelty of it is starting to wear off, I need to give myself some "turn it off" days. Of course, when I'm not blogging.

4. Bake.

Last year, I had one resolution for myself. That was to cook more. I think I've done pretty well at that. This year, I hope to continue with it... but on top, to bake more. Since I recently got a brand spankin' new Kitchen Aid mixer, I have to put it to good use.

5. Drink more water.

6. Volunteer/Charity

Time to find a way to give back to the community! Used to do a whole lot of volunteer work in highschool and university. Then, schoolwork got kind of heavy and then work got in the way... then it was sadly forgotten. This year, I can hopefully find at least one thing I could help with.

7. Continue last year's resolutions.

Cook more. Sleep more. Surprisingly, even though I'm a night owl, I try to get my seven hours of sleep every night. Some nights may fall short, but I'm doing pretty good on the whole.

__________

I've already started with number 6.

Although, this has nothing to do with resolutions at all.

I've mentioned before about this blog I've been following for some time now : www.kellehampton.com . This is currently one of my favoritest blogs. (Yes, I'm using words that don't exist). You can click on her "Start Here If You're New" link to see what it's all about. I love everything about it. I love her photos of her family. I love her stories. I love her raw-ness in her writing. And boy, can she write! Reading her blog makes me love bigger and better, and truly understand or more so, confirm my beliefs of what true love - the real kind - really means. I don't know anyone personally who has Down Syndrome, but I am in full support of helping those with special needs to have a brighter and hopeful future. So, I have donated to Kelle Hampton's "2 for 2 Fund". If you so desire, you can join me in donating too.

No comments:

Post a Comment