Saturday, January 26, 2013

Easy Eats



I am a one dish / one pot kind of gal. A set-it-and-forget-it kind of gal. I like simple, easy, healthy and delicious. Who's a better person to adapt a repetoire of cooking recipes from than a busy mother who has no time? Jen always gives me the best dinner ideas and everything that I've tried from what she's recommended has turned out nothing other than amazing. Here is another one that she sent - Nigella Lawson's Slow Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken. So easy. So good. I also took her substitution suggestion and subbed out the white wine and replaced it with apple juice. (Not because I don't like my booze but because I wanted the one-stop shop at the grocery store and I wasn't going to dive into my booze collection for cooking). Oh, and I dumped in some potatoes too. As a side dish, I roasted some brussel sprouts with slivered almonds. Crunchy and crispy on the outside; soft on the inside. A perfect dinner duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment