Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Welcoming 2013

It's January 1st! Ahh, a fresh start.

As I'm typing this, I'm watching and listening to Michael Buble Home For the Holidays 2012 Christmas Special on YouTube. I am already going through holiday withdrawal and this is just a good enough dose of it right now to keep me content. Michael Buble and Carly Rae Jepsen's "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" duet? Love it.

And now as I'm serenaded by Rod Stewart's version of "Merry Christmas To You", I'm going to reflect on resolutions. I fulfilled some and missed some, and I'm not gonna beat myself over any of it. It's all good. But let's recap back to last year's post.

1. Pick Up My Camera.

Well, not only did I pick up my dslr again, I bought a new one. After many years of trying to justify this pricey upgrade, I finally convinced myself that I'm well worth it. I bought my new baby a couple weeks ago and have been absolutely in love with it. So, I did well on picking up my camera again. And I'm foreseeing there will be even more of it in the new year.

2. Run

The best months for running (and this I love doing only outdoors) were dampened with an injury that took a while to heal. For months, I could barely walk without a swollen knee and ankle by the end of the day. But, this frustration of the lack of physical activity by foot led me into the swimming pool again and a purchase of a shiny, new bike. For the latter months of the summer, I found yet another new love. City cycling.

3. Drop The Toys.

Nope. Didn't do this one all that much.

4. Bake

I did put my KitchenAid mixer to use. I whipped up a whole lot of cookies. (It's great therapy for me when I found myself in a funk. re : injury. Even if it meant swollen ankles after standing in the kitchen pumping out a batch). In the new year, I would like to perfect a souffle.

5. Drink More Water.

Nope. Didn't keep my mind on this one.

6. Volunteer/Charity

I did a whole lot of charity this year. Gladly and willingly and happy to be able to contribute. However, next year, I'd like to do at least one volunteer activity. Any kind of service that I could provide.

7. Cook more. Sleep more.

I think I did cook a little more this year than the last. And I definitely did sleep more than the last. Majority of the time, I slept at least seven hours a night. As long as I'm hitting the recommendation of 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night, I'm good.

*****

This year's resolution?

Blog more.



And here we go!

Happy new year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment