Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Party

After an awfully busy day at work, the last thing I wanted to do was go to a party. A hot cup of cocoa while curled up underneath a blanket seemed more right. But, blame it on the adrenaline that was still pumping in me (from the craziness I call work), I quickly dropped by Kat's after work, and borrowed a costume. Next, rushed home and changed, then left again to pick up something for the potluck. I was home with not many minutes to spare before a Andy came and picked me up. Then, off we went on what seemed to me like a long drive out to Coquitlam.

But, I made it. And... I'm glad I did.

It was lovely seeing old and new coworkers getting together for something other than work. We took our manditory group picture, gobbled down yummy food, and shared stories about our recent happenings. Then... the unthinkable happened, and the karaoke machine came out. (Those Filipinos do have quite the karaoke system!). Everyone took a turn with the mic... and I was so sure I was just going to watch. (I only do the singing infront of my usual karaoke friends!). But, leave it to all the peer pressuring, or just my fatigue starting to set in and not being able to muster up any more energy to put up a fight, I sang "How Do I Live" by Trisha Yearwood. There. Done. No more. Next up, charades. Hard clues to act out, but we had some pretty clever actors... so it was one good game!

By midnight, my eyes were heavy and my entire body was screaming "please put me to bed!".

But, I had fun. It was a great way to melt away all the stress and tension from the day. No matter how tired I was, or what anti-party mood I was in, I wouldn't have done it any other way.








Thanks Connie, for hosting! Thanks guys, for a super Happy Halloween night!

And, Happy Birthday, Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment