Sunday, October 30, 2011

Somedays All You Need Is Instant Noodles



Was still battling exhaustion from the crazy week at work and a party to end it all along with waking up relatively early the next day to make it to doggie trick o' treating. By night, I was ready to pass out on the couch. With every inch of my body not wanting to move.

Family had had a late lunch so they hadn't prepared dinner. I was fine with that... I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to sleep. After a nap though, I woke up super groggy and still sleepy... and on top of that, now hungry. I think I should at least make myself an instant noodle, I thought to myself. But lying there still, I didn't want to move. I was however able to muster a bit of energy to pull the laptop over and continue my whining of being tired and hungry over msn. All the while, in my head I kept thinking, I could really use that instant noodle.

Just as I was about to get up and make one, Ming messages and says, "Come over. I'll make it for you." (Well, I could be completely honest and say it wasn't exactly offered in such a nice way, but then he says I make fun of him too much on my blog so...).

It is quite awesome that he lives so close.

This is from a package and a half of Mee Goreng. It has no soup because it's the dry, saucy kind. Along with the noodles, there was also veggies and chicken (too healthy to be photographed). And I have to say, it was yummy. MSG and all. Think it tastes better when you're tired and you don't have to cook it yourself. Perfect for a lazy night. Somedays, all you need is instant noodles to keep you happy. Thanks for making it!

Of course, he wouldn't leave me too content. After dinner, even though he knows I'm not one who loves horror movies, we still had to watch "28 Weeks Later". It wasn't any better with him commenting on the side before every gory zombie scene, "Oh, this part is gross. You gotta watch it."

No comments:

Post a Comment