Thursday, July 5, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


I always remember the scene in the movie, It's Complicated, where Meryl Streep whips up a cupcake for herself in the kitchen just to make herself feel better. I think I just remember that mediocre movie so much because I had completely fallen in love with her kitchen. Anyway, I was in the mood to whip up something for myself too. And I've been in a rustic, homemade, feel-good cookie phase. 


So I thought... what do I like? This is all about me. And feelin' good. I like bananas. I like chocolate. And peanut butter. And sure, some oatmeal for good measures. It was my own non-recipe and with whatever I had at home. And the cookies turned out exactly how I wanted them.


While I was setting this up, I thought it would be kinda funny to show you my set up. White cardboards that I took from work (they trash perfect, clean and white cardboard so I found a better use for them). Propped up. Always in that angle so the light gets on my subject. I do have a light box. But am in the process of figuring out my light sources.

Then I switched up my camera... (I know. I'm crazy.)

Just for the next two photos.



I'm not sure I even finished a cookie. Don't get me wrong, they're good. But I think what I enjoyed most was either having that spatula or that camera in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment