Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Balsamic Vinegar Chicken

When it comes to cooking, I don't generally use recipes. Even if I wanted to try something new, most of the time, I would scan a recipe online, try to somewhat imagine the flavours each ingredient would make, and then try to replicate it by memory. (Unless if it was a rather complicated recipe... but those I save for only special occasions).

So, my coworker, Deanna, had another recipe she recommended to me. I got her to write down all the ingredients and the approximate proportions. I read it through, stuck it in my labcoat pocket, and well... sorry Deanna, God knows where it is. But I made it anyway. A little bit of this. A little bit of that. Try it. How bad could it be? And if it's bad, you know for next time what to adjust... going by taste. Anyway, my point is... there is no recipe for this one.

I took out my ingredients. Dumped my thawed out chicken breast into a ziplock bag.



Doused about 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar into the bag. Then plopped in about 2 tbsp brown sugar. Chopped up two cloves of garlic. Sprinkled in some salt and pepper. Chucked in a bit of olive oil. Tossed in a bit of seasoning salt. Then I shook the bag up really well...




Stuck the marinating chicken into the fridge for 4 hours. (Deanna said overnight... well, I didn't have the time. Nor did I want to wait).

After 4 hours, I whipped out my trusty indoor grill (everyone should have one!) and left beaaaaautiful grill marks on the chicken breasts. And ta da! Done! I could have used a tad more brown sugar I think... but it was so yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment