Monday, March 21, 2011

Visitors At Work

Visitor #1

A black guy wearing a cap and an oversized jacket was standing at the pharmacy counter. A man stood behind him. Like a bodyguard. My coworker stared down the black guy... and took the courage the say, "Are you.... Nelly?". He tilted his head and gave an affirmative nod.

Another coworker stood in the back singing at a low volume, "It's getting hot in here...".

I went home and plugged in "Nelly Vancouver" into Google and found out he was in town that night for a concert.

Nelly, the rapper!



Visitor #2

An asian lady came to the counter and dropped off three prescriptions with the name "Eva Mendes" written on the top.

Pharmacist: "Is this for yourself?".

Lady: "No. She's outside and she cannot come in."

Pharmacist: "Could I see a piece of ID from her?".

Lady: "Hold on."

The lady took off and came back in about five minutes and handed the pharmacist a piece of ID.

Pharmacist: "Eva Mendes??? The actress?".

The lady nodded.

We all peeked down the aisle towards the front door. We can't even see the front of the store. So what were we all expecting to see was beyond me. As if Eva Mendes would be standing in the middle of the baby aisle.


Visitor #3

This one's rather funny if I don't say so myself. In the midst of the chaos of nearly buying a place, Gurm had passed along my phone number to a mortgage broker. He called me and we had a quick chat about when and where to meet up. I said to Gurm, "He sounds good looking. I don't know why but judging by his voice, I'd imagine that he'd be good looking." I said this of course NOT in at all any seriousness.

Gurm replied, "I thought the same thing! I thought he sounded good looking too."

Ok, that does sound kinda wrong coming from a guy... but hey, we both thought the same thing!

That day I met up with the mortgage broker, I remember it was early in the morning and it was bloody cold outside. I stood inside the Starbucks waiting for him. Outside, I saw a pretty darn nice car pull up in the parking lot, and out came a relatively tall asian guy in a long grey wool coat and a long striped scarf that was draped around the collar which was obviously more for looks than for purpose. He lugged what looked like a suitcase or a laptop bag. I stared at him thinking, that guy is pretty darn good looking. He walked towards the Starbucks and even then I thought he was just a regular guy getting his morning coffee. It wasn't until he stood inside looking around for a bit... that I realized he is the mortgage broker. Ha ha. Oh dear.

After our meet, I texted Gurm, "He is good looking."

But that was that.

Then tonight, while at work, I heard someone call out my name. I looked out to the counter and saw an asian guy about my age standing at the counter. For an instant, I couldn't recognize him but knew he looked familiar. He was dressed down in a hoodie and sweats. "You probably don't recognize me dressed like this."

It was the mortgage broker.

After a quick chat, I went back to the back of the pharmacy and my coworkers asked, "Who is he? He's quite good looking."

Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment