Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mochi Ice Cream

Doing back to back shifts are brutal when you close the first night and then open the next. I tried lying to myself when I woke up this morning and made myself believe that I was recharged with a good sleep and full of energy. I felt pretty good at the beginning of my shift, but by mid morning... I felt like that wind-up toy that's seriously slowing down by the second. I started to yawn every five minutes. By noon time, I could barely keep myself awake.

On my break, I quickly scarfed down my food and practically ran to the couch in the lunch room. Before I knew it, I dozed off. That's the beauty of having an hour break. 15 minutes to eat. 45 minutes to sleep. I didn't care if I snored or drooled on my smock, I desperately needed some shuteye.

Usually, after a power nap, I'd feel a bit rejuvenated. At least enough to last the second half of my shift. Today wasn't one of those days. I was pretty lifeless. Maybe because one of my coworkers is sick... and she was passing her lethargy to me.

When I got home, I stared blankly at the TV. Kinda drones you. I was also chatting with a couple people online while I ate my dinner by the TV. I finally decided to peel myself off the couch to take a shower. Maybe it'll wake me up. Ming wanted to go to T&T, and I thought I had said "I'm taking a shower. If I'm not done by the time you want to leave for T&T, just go without me." I knew he wanted to leave pretty soon so I really didn't have the intention of going.

But after I got out of the shower, I found out that he was waiting in the car. Whoops. Maybe I did say that I would go. Who knows. Tired people don't know what they're talking about. Hah. Didn't matter. The moment I stepped outside, the cool air hit my face and I was slightly energized. I love being outside. (Do I keep saying the same thing?? hehe).

The time it took us to get to T&T and back home was so fast that I felt like I was on the amazing race. Good thing is, I scored a couple boxes of mochi ice cream that were on sale! I popped a couple in my mouth pretty much before bedtime. Ahh, it was good. But not enough to wake me up.

I was that tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment