Monday, March 7, 2011

Present

I'm watching Kung Fu Panda as I post, and Master Shifu said something pretty wise, "The past is history, and the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift."

The present -

I took my parents out to try Faubourg in Kerrisdale today. We sat in a very crowded coffee shop sipping on coffee and tea and splitting different french pastries to try. The sun was beaming through the window yet the air was still very crisp outside. We each must have mentioned at least once that the weather was perfect for my brother's cycling expedition today. The place was bustling. My parents seemed to enjoy their drinks and food commenting on the coffee being not too light and not too dark and the tea perfectly brewed.

I went out for an early dinner at Pied A Terre on Cambie St with Jen, Karen and Ray. The food was excellent. Perfectly prepared french food. So yum. We split a bottle of wine which was equally as delicious. I was enjoying the food, that I know.. .but my mind was somewhat in a fog. There's been a lot for me to digest lately and I was sharing it all with my friends over dinner. I was more thinking than eating. But it was all in all, a good thing. I'm pretty lucky to have great friends to share dinner with, to share stories with, to share life with... Their words of encouragement tonight helped put my mind at ease.

We had an early dinner because we had a show to catch afterwards. We checked out Legally Blonde The Musical at the QE Theatre. Oh, it was a hoot! Quite entertaining. Was surprised Ray enjoyed it just as much with all the squeaky voices and overboard pink clothes and accessories. "Gay or European?". Haha. Check it out if you can.

The present is surely a gift. And I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment