Saturday, March 26, 2011

Barney

Okay, let's try the photos thing one more time.

You'd think, having a long weekend after a long stretch of work, I'd be booking myself silly with all kinds of things to do and partying it up. Maybe if I was five years younger. (EEK. I didn't just say that!). The thing is, I just want to keep it simple. I used to pack my schedules from Sunday to Sunday. I'd feel productive. Accomplished. Yet exhausted. And sometimes, unsettled. Because... I'd just feel like I need to keep it up and keep doing more. Not doing something back then meant not having a life. Or, not living to the fullest. Or, not experiencing it all. In the end though, it all just becomes a "been there, done that" list or stories to share for conversation pieces. Of course, it's not a bad thing at all. But, I've come to realize that taking it easy and not doing anything special at all is actually quite... special.

When Jen (probably jokingly) mentioned last Wednesday morning that I could doggysit for her on Friday, I thought, hey that's not a bad idea. Well, besides the fact that I've never owned a dog on my own... and leaving me completely responsible of a live pet may or may not be so smart. But, I thought it would be perfect for me for a Friday night. I wanted an easy going weekend. Yet, let's not be so pathetic to be home all the time.  I wasn't even in for the idea of putting on some real clothes like a pair of jeans for a simple dinner with friends. I wanted to stay in. In my sweats. So, this was the perfect way. I get to play with Barney, stay in my sweats, and not be at home.

Not sure if Jen wished and hoped that she could retract her words after I said "Ok, I'll doggysit.", but hey, the night turned out just perfectly fine.

Tired Barney out with a few games of fetch and tricks with treats, and then he spent a good portion of the night sleeping by my feet while I flipped through a magazine and sipped on lemon ginger tea. He's so adorable. So well behaved. I want to kidnap him.

 Meet Barney. The cutie.






No comments:

Post a Comment