Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sushiholic

Ming has told me good things about this restaurant but I've never tried. I love sushi. Good sushi. Mmm... we were craving it so I had a feeling it was going to be sushi for dinner tonight. Today marked the last day of my brutal schedule. I had only two days off in the past 17 days. With some alternating closing/opening shifts. And a 10-hour shift with no break. It was brutal to me. But anyway, today was the last. So, exhausted as I was... I was pretty happy and skippy all day. Sushi just tops it all off.

We got it as take out. We had... agadeshi tofu, yam tempuras, an "Awesome" roll, and a "Sushiholic" roll. It was my fault... didn't do it justice 'cause I took my time after work, so by the time we ate, some of the crunchy stuff was already soggy. But, the food was good. I don't know if it was me... or if Ming tampered with the sauces... but the agadeshi tofu's sauce seemed sweeter, the tempura dip had a tangy lemon flavour, and the Sushiholic had a bit of spicy sauce to it too. They were all really good. The "Awesome" roll was indeed pretty awesome. Again, I had to imagine what it would have been if it was fresh... but they had a very finely shredded deep fried yam ... I don't want to call it strings, more like thread... topping. Yum! I'd definitely try this place again.

If you want regular sushi or some special rolls for a decent price, I'd recommend that you try out Sushiholic.

(For a blogger, you'd think I'd always have my camera! Next time.)

We watched Salt. Angelina Jolie. There were angles where I did find her quite pretty. And other angles, quite scary. Action packed. You'd love it if you're in for just action. But the rest... just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment