Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wicked

A couple of days ago, a few of us went to watch the musical, Wicked. I've heard so many good things about this musical. I wanted to see it yet did not want to spend $100-$150 for a ticket. Not that I haven't spent that much in shows/musicals/concerts before. But right now, there are other things I want more on my shopping list. However, Kat managed to find us 50+% off tickets. Score!



I heard about its twist on The Wizard of Oz but I never really knew the whole story. And unlike other musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Lion King, and even Legally Blonde, I didn't know too many songs from Wicked aside from "Defying Gravity" (and only because it was performed on the TV show, Glee). I didn't know what to expect.



Overall, I loved it. The characters were so fun. The voices amazing. The acting even more spectacular. The story and how it related to The Wizard of Oz was quite clever. The dialogue was funny and witty. I thoroughly enjoyed it. To be honest though, three hours in a theatre chair is a tad long. I enjoyed all three hours but I felt it. (Or was it my full bladder that I felt and was trying so hard to wait till intermission?).



I totally recommend it if you haven't seen it. Is it my favorite? I cannot say. I think Mary Poppins is still one of my all time favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment