Sunday, November 27, 2011

O Christmas Tree

The tree is going up! 






Let me give you a tour around my tree and show you some of my favorite ornaments.

This one is made out of glass... music sheets... and a lot of glitter. The second one is also made out of glass and painted roughly with a dirty gold. Karen had placed these two ornaments with a symphony ticket package for me for Christmas last year. Not only are these ornaments so pretty, but they bring back the memories. Memories of my reaction when I opened her present... and memories of all those times we spent going to the symphony together.



I got this glass bobble in 2008 on my Carribean cruise with Maria and Jen. It has the name of the ship written on the other side. Brings back memories of our amazing trip in the sun.


Yes, that is a purse. This one dates back to 2005. At the time, I lived with two roommates in Victoria. We went out and bought ourselves a Christmas tree at Canadian Tire (which is the tree in these photos now), and I made Christmas stockings for each of us. I hung them on the stair railing because we had no fireplace in our apartment, and stuffed each one with a purse ornament. For all kinds of ornaments, there is always The Bay.


This is one of many Christmas ornaments that Bran gives us every year. Isn't it pretty?


The left one is a treble clef given to me by my piano teacher many, many years ago. Probably 15 to 20 years ago. The right one is yet another one from Bran. Hand stitched and crafted. Such details. On the stem of the tree, she stitched "'06". Made in 2006.

 

The one on the left was something I made when I was in elementary school. Out of popsicle sticks and Elmer's white glue. The construction paper is slowly falling apart but it's hangin' in there. The one on the right  is dated 2010. I bought that on my trip to visit Lily in Toronto. A snowman ice cream cone! It's so cute... I think whoever went with me on that trip has one too.

 

There are so many more favorites. Maybe I'll give you another tour another time. For now... I'm going to sit back and watch the white twinkling lights on my tree. Enjoying the beginning of the happiest seasons of all.


(And that's how my new header to this blog came about).

No comments:

Post a Comment