Friday, July 22, 2011

Shopping Without The Guilt

What is one of the best feelings in the world?

Taking someone else's money, giving yourself a comfortable budget, and shopping without the guilt.

I walked into the Coach store on Burrard St. downtown and I bee-lined for the bag that I had previously checked out online. It was just as beautiful in person. The leather so soft. The colour so creamy and versatile. I didn't have to think twice and knew I was sold on getting that bag. The hobo bag from the Kristin Collection in a mushroom, to be exact. Now, that bag was $298, which actually meant, I have money to spare.

I spent the next 45 minutes browsing the store inch by inch. Wristlet? Clutch? Wallet? Scarf? Sunglasses? Watch? I wanted all of it. Even the sparkley earrings on display blinding my eyes underneath the spotlights were calling my name. Oh my gosh, this is so much fun! was all I could think. Suddenly, it wasn't even what I wanted. I was convinced that the bling-age are things that I needed.

I ended up choosing a more formal version of an evening clutch that also belonged in the Kristin Collection. See, even if I'd never use the two bags at the same time (one for casual wear, the other for evening parties), it still makes sense that they should somewhat match, no?

I got them to ring in my purchase and I paid for everything in cash.

Guys and gals, no, this wasn't a dream. That was really how I spent my Friday evening. I was in seventh heaven.

(Sure, the cash was pooled together by all my coworkers and it was for a retirement gift for Virginia, our retiring coworker...just minor details that I left out. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I don't roll like that. But it was fun while it lasted).

Thanks Shummie for the amazing shopping experience!

1 comment: