Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Handmade With Love

As I've mentioned, I was out of town on the weekend of Father's Day. I had written a post about celebrating Father's Day one week early because of this. Before I left for my weekend getaway, I made a card and handed it to my brother with specific instructions to give it to dad on the day of. (I had a card for Mother's Day... have to have one for Father's Day too).

One of my favorite things is receiving a greeting card.  Since probably the age of 12, I've kept every single one of my greeting cards from parents, brother, aunts and uncles, and friends. I now have two big boxes full. I pull them out maybe once in a few years and flip through them all again. Some are handmade. Some have thoughtful words. Some are just goofy. Some crack me up. (For example, the Christmas card that a boy gave to both one of my best friends and I back in highschool. One card; two names on it. He labelled it "To The Walking Crew" because he sees us walking home from school every afternoon. Haha). There are birthday cards, Christmas cards, graduation cards, good luck cards (before exams), and "just because" cards.

One of my other favorite things is giving them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment